Animals are adorable when they are well taken care of. Veterinary medicine or science is that branch of science that gives you the opportunity and teaches you how to do this.
Veterinary medicine is a branch of science that deals with the holistic study of animals. So this science as a study is solely focused on everything that relates to animals.
So as a person who loves animals or has a passion for gaining more knowledge on everything that concerns animals, you must be sure to get the right knowledge required by attending a veterinary school.
- What is the Most Prestigious Vet School?
- 1. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universite de Montreal
- 2. Faculty of Veterinary medicine, University of Calgary
- 3. Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph
- 4. Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island
- 5. Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- 6. University of Lethbridge
- 7. Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- 8. Georgian College
- 9. Department of Animal Science, McGill University
- 10. Bow Valley College
What is the Most Prestigious Vet School?
A veterinary school is an institution that trains, instructs, and teaches interested individuals everything they need to know about animals. So every aspect of science that deals with animals are taught in a Veterinary school.
As an animal lover or even someone generally interested in animals, the Veterinary school is an excellent place to kick start your interest or career.
Now there are so many advantages as to why Veterinary schools can be of tremendous help to you as one who wants to venture into that field. The proper knowledge and training give you great opportunities, and the Veterinary school gives you this excellent provision.
1. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universite de Montreal
The Universite de Montreal is one of the five schools offering professional veterinary medicine programs. As said before, it’s one of Canada’s oldest schools, which means it’s pretty developed and well-equipped.
It has also successfully graduated many Veterinarians who are excelling in their fields. As a person who is interested in Veterinary medicine, the Universite de Montreal is a great place to start.
Veterinary medicine is a department in the Faculty of Continuing Education of the University. The school opens its doors to everyone irrespective of where you’re coming from, so whether or not you’re an indigene of the country, you’re allowed to study there as long as you meet the educational requirements.
The students are taught by qualified Veterinarians and teachers, who can also pass down knowledge and training to the students on what they should know. The animals and pets used for practicals are well taken care of by the Veterinarians, and the students also receive training on how to do these.
Apart from educational training, the environment is also welcoming, and extra-curricular activities are permitted in the school. The environment and labs are purely hygienic, and safety measures are well adopted to ensure that the students and staff are in good health.
The Universite de Montreal is one of the best universities where you can fulfil your dreams of being a Veterinary doctor.
- Location: 2900 Edouard Montpetit Blvd, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1J4, Canada
- Phone number: 514 343-6111
- Website: fep.umontreal.ca
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Faculty of Veterinary medicine, University of Calgary
The University was established in 2005 and is recognized as a highly esteemed university for training aspiring Veterinarian doctors in Alberta, Canada.
The University works closely with Distributed Veterinary teaching hospitals (DVTM). The students are taught by professional Veterinary doctors and are allowed entrance into these hospitals to witness and undergo practical training.
The hospitals also provide residency programs to student vets who successfully graduate from the University of Calgary.
Workshops are also carried out on practical studies. These are done to teach the students how to use the equipment necessary for their studies. These workshops are taught by professionals in this field and well-trained personnel.
The faculty and classrooms are also built to fit the needs of the students with well-trained teachers and Veterinarians who bring knowledge in an understandable way.
Students are also morally trained and are highly disciplined. They are also taught to be welcoming to other students.
The University of Calgary is a welcoming environment and is one place to venture into your career as a Veterinary doctor or scientist.
- Location: 3280 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, AB T2N 4Z6, Canada
- Phone number: 4032103961
- Website: vet.ucalgary.ca
- Email: email@example.com
3. Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph
The Ontario Veterinary College is ranked one of the best Veterinary colleges worldwide. It’s multicultural and provides the best learning and social environment for its students.
The University offers diverse programs and courses that are extremely helpful in Veterinary medicine. The Staff and Veterinary doctors who teach the students are enthusiastic, friendly, and eager to teach them all they need to know.
The Veterinarians who work there are easy to communicate with, and they handle the pets used for practical studies with care.
They also work with alums who successfully graduated from the field; they train new intakes, communicate with them, and lay the foundation of the course for them.
The classrooms and laboratories are well stocked with the necessary facilities and tools to aid proper education. The existing students are also easy to communicate with, creating a friendly environment for the new Intakes.
Equipment for creating practical studies are well sanitized and well taken care of to aid the food health of the Students. Ontario University remains one of the best schools to study Veterinary medicine or science.
Location: Admission Services UC L3, Guelph N1G 2W1 Canada
- Phone number: 519-824-4120
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: ovc.uoguelph.ca/
- Tuition: For Canadian students, tuition is between 21,278 CAD and 33,527 CAD. International students’ annual tuition falls between 70,000 CAD and 79,000 CAD.
4. Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island
Unquestionably one of the greatest veterinary colleges in Canada, the Atlantic Veterinary College is certified by the AVMA and the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association and is a respected institution worldwide.
In comparison to other universities, the University is tiny. Every pupil so receives the individual care and consideration they merit.
AVC is an initiative to work with the aquaculture industry, technology, and veterinary care, unlike other universities. Students get access to modern technology and research resources as a result.
The college uses a multidisciplinary approach to prepare students for the challenges ahead. AVC also has a clinical faculty to provide diagnostic and health management consultancy services.
AVC is proud of its many graduates who are licensed, veterinarians.
- Location: University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Ave, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4P3, Canada
- Phone number: +1 902-566-0882
- Email address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (international students)
- Website: https://www.upei.ca/avc
- Tuition: For international students, the average annual tuition is $68,000, while it is only $12,000 for Canadian students.
5. Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
Developing into a premier center for veterinary education and research is the college’s main goal, and as a result, the institution regularly hosts webinars, seminars, and instructional events.
This enables students to have continual contact with knowledgeable professionals and experienced individuals, equipping them with a fruitful and successful career in numerous clinical specialities.
Most students are interested in private practice, research, and academic careers. The WCVM faculty tries to realize this and offers education to support it.
For the benefit of its graduates, the college offers master’s and doctoral programs, residencies, and internships. WCVM pledges to provide its students with a positive and rewarding academic environment.
- Location: 52 Campus Dr, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5B4, Canada
- Phone numbers: +1 306-966-7447 (undergraduate), +1 306-966-5751 (graduate).
- Email address: email@example.com (undergraduate), firstname.lastname@example.org (graduate).
- Website: https://wcvm.usask.ca/
- Tuition: For seats in the IPA and outside the IPA, the expected yearly tuition rates are $13,705 and $68,705, respectively.
6. University of Lethbridge
Veterinary medicine programs are available at the University of Lethbridge. They are pre-professional courses. In light of this, the University is the top veterinary school in Canada for students looking to enrol in various professional programs provided by other universities.
The curriculum offered at the University of Lethbridge aims to assist students in acquiring the experience required to apply for veterinary programs at reputable schools like the University of Calgary.
Agricultural biotechnology, biochemistry, biological sciences, chemistry, and neurology are among the majors that can be pursued with the credits earned from this program.
Most candidates for these courses have the necessary fieldwork and course certifications. Enrolling in the pre-professional veterinary medicine transfer program is essential if you want to compete and achieve in this highly competitive field.
- Location: 4401 University Drive, Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 3M4, Canada
- Phone number: 403-329-2111
- Email address: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.ulethbridge.ca/
- Tuition: For Canadian students, the average annual tuition is $7,150, while it is about $20,784 for international students.
7. Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Animal health technology and veterinary medical assistant programs are available at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.
The institute is the greatest veterinary school in Canada for those who care about animals and are interested in technology.
The curriculum’s emphasis on animal health technology is on teaching the various practical abilities required for small and large animal professions.
These include nursing care for patients undergoing medical procedures and laboratory and radiological procedures.
In NAIT’s Animal Health Clinic, the students receive training. Primary veterinary care for cats and dogs is provided at the clinic. For practical experience with different procedures like immunization, training is essential.
However, the course mandates that students travel for assignments and handle several other animals. If you choose to enrol in the veterinary medical assistant program, you will be needed occasionally to assist veterinarians and animal health technologists.
- Location: 11762 – 106 Street, Edmonton, AB T5G 2R1, Canada
- Phone number: 780.471.8624
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.nait.ca/programs/animal-health-technology
- Tuition: For Canadian students, the average annual tuition ranges from $38,140-$47,840, while it is about $20,740 for international students.
8. Georgian College
The college offers degrees and prepares students to work as veterinary technicians and assistants; to make its students qualified, and valuable contributors to a veterinary healthcare team.
The Georgian College informs its pupils about the vast array of tasks performed in zoos, research, or wildlife centres. The emphasis is on educating students on the theories and simulations and integrating them with clinical experience.
The students learn how to treat and comfort animals and comprehend the specifics of healthy and unhealthy life processes.
They also perform standard laboratory and clinical tasks like sample collection and analysis, pet patient preparation for clinical procedures, special medical care, producing diagnostic test results, and dentistry.
- Location: 1 Georgian Dr, Barrie, ON L4M 3X9, Canada
- Phone number: 705.728.1968
- Email address: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.georgiancollege.ca/academics/programs/veterinary-technician/
- Tuition: For international students, the average annual tuition is $9,186, while it is only $2,364 for Canadian students.
9. Department of Animal Science, McGill University
The department of animal science runs various undergraduate and graduate programs.
Students receive the foundation in animal physiology and health necessary to prepare them for future studies in veterinary medicine and other animal health-related fields through the Bachelor of Science (Ag.Env.Sc. ), Life Sciences (Biological and Agricultural) Major and, in particular, the Animal Health & Disease Specialization.
The Macdonald Campus of McGill University, which is situated on the westernmost point of Montreal Island, is where this program is offered.
Students can interact with large farm animals directly through their studies and internships thanks to the research-driven Macdonald Campus Farm, home to state-of-the-art dairy, poultry, and extensive animal research facilities on campus.
Students can investigate topics of interest in animal health through lab work, internships, and research projects.
- Location: Macdonald-Stewart Building, Macdonald Campus, 21111 Lakeshore Road, Ste. Anne de Bellevue, QC H9X 3V9, Canada
- Phone number: +1 514 398-7773
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.mcgill.ca/animal/international-veterinary-programs
- Tuition: For international students, the average annual tuition is $24,984. It is $10,602 for Canadian students outside Quebec and $4,669 for students within Quebec.
10. Bow Valley College
A 30-week-long curriculum for veterinary office assistants is available from Bow Valley College. The college allows students to register for fewer classes each semester.
But in this case, the entire program takes longer to finish. A total of five courses are required for each of the two periods of the program. Additionally, the course is accessible online and can be chosen as convenient.
All international students who do not speak English as their first language require a proficiency test.
A staff of academic advisors at the college can assist you in creating a schedule for finishing your courses. The course prepares students to thrive in animal-related contexts like veterinary offices, hospitals, or shelters.
- Location: Bow Valley College, 345 – 6 Avenue SE, Calgary, AB T2G 4V1, Canada
- Phone number: +1 403-410-1400
- Email address: email@example.com
- Website: https://bowvalleycollege.ca/
- Tuition: The tuition per term is $5,462 for Canadian students and $13,519 for international students.
Veterinary schools instruct, train, and teach one how to deal with injured animals and also give the best teachings on how to take care of these animals or prevent them from future injuries. These institutions also teach one how to relate and co-exist with animals, as it is impossible to live without them in this world.
In Canada, Veterinary schools offer you the training you need as a Veterinarian. But we’ve carefully selected 10 out of the best schools that will produce an excellent Veterinarian out of you.