League of Legends, also called “LOL,” is a free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena video game made and sold by Riot Games.
League of Legends is a strategy-based game where two opposing teams of five strong “champions” compete. This goal is to take over and destroy the base of the opponent. For epic plays, you can choose from more than 140 champions.
Since its inception in 2009, League of Legends has continuously broken ground concerning its player base. Currently, in 2022, there are approximately 180 million active League of Legends players.
This can be mainly attributed to the Riot Game TV series called Arkane. League of Legends (LOL) is a very interesting and exciting game; little wonder it has such a large player base. Moreover, the player can do little mentally or action-wise due to the game’s genre.
Playing the LOL game makes one feel relaxed and engaged. However, playing the game can take many precious hours without you realizing it.
For those interested in finding the time spent playing this epic game, there are several alternatives for determining how much time you have squandered on League of Legends.
- How to check the amount of time Wasted on League of Legends (LOL)
- League of Legends Game Port Query
- Wasted on League of Legends Website (WOL)
- Game Record Query
- Alternative Ways to Determine How Much Time Wasted on LOL
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is LOL still the most-played game?
- What is the average time a player spends on LOL?
- Who holds the record for the most time spent on League of Legends?
How to check the amount of time Wasted on League of Legends (LOL)
There are quite a few methods of determining how much time one has wasted on League of Legends, and they include:
League of Legends Game Port Query
The game interface provides an option to do this in-game without going through any third parties. To know the amount of time spent on League of Legends, you can navigate to the “Stats” tab of the game interface.
The only drawback to this method is that it only shows the results of time spent on the game after 2018; game data before 2018 is unavailable.
To do this, follow these steps.
- Step 1. Run the LOL game on your computer.
- Step 2. Click on “Stats” on your profile’s tab and the menu bar.
- Step 3. The rated hours played are shown in the bottom left corner, directly below the number of games played. This will show you how much time you have wasted on LOL.
Wasted on League of Legends Website (WOL)
WOL is a third-party website that provides League of Legends player statistics and other useful player data. Knowing how much time is wasted on LOL is very easy via WOL. All you have to do is follow these easy instructions.
- Step 1. Open Wasted on LoL (wol. gg)
- Step 2. Navigate down on the page and enter your summoner’s name in the “summoner’s box.”
- Step 3. Pick your country. If you pick a different region, the results won’t show up.
- Step 4: Click “How much time I wasted on LOL.
- Step 5: You will be taken to another page where you can see how many minutes, hours, and days you have been logged on.
The redirected page will provide statistics on how many hours you have played the LoL game based on their data. The total time spent playing LoL will be shown in detail down to the minutes, hours, and days.
Similarly, WOL will also provide your ranking position based on your region in the world. It further evaluates the equivalent time if you spent the same doing other activities like reading books, watching movies, or walking instead of playing League of Legends.
It also embeds the Twitter and Facebook share buttons to easily share the statistics on your social media handles.
Wasted on LoL covers all accounts on servers directly hosted by Riot Games. Consequently, this means accounts from China, whose region is hosted by QQ, and a substantial part of Southeast Asia, whose region is hosted by Garena, are not covered by this service.
WOL can only do so much and is limited as a third-party service. One of the most striking areas for improvement is that Wasted on LOL does not give you 100% accurate data on the hours spent by a player on the game. Though it might provide less than 100% accurate data, it is the closest you can get to your total hours.
Game Record Query
Players can also check the amount of time spent on League of Legends on the site OP.GG
You can look at the most recent game history on this site. Follow these steps to get an average of how many hours are spent in-game.
- Step 1: Open the website at “op. gg”
- Step 2: In the search bar, type your LOL username. Also, if you have looked for another summoner, it will appear in your recent searches or favorites.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to another page and see your profile’s avatar. Click on “How many hours did you play LOL?”
- Step 4: It will take you to a different page to see how much time you have used. You will also find out what you could have done with that time instead.
Alternative Ways to Determine How Much Time Wasted on LOL
If your region is not provided for in LOL, these alternatives are available to determine how much time a player has spent on the game.
Sites like Laoyuegou.com provide valuable data. This Chinese site gathers player statistics and data. You should check your total games and average game time on the site and then multiply the two numbers.
The League of Legends game(LOL) has existed for quite a long time and has been growing as the years go by. Currently, it is the most played Esports game and one of the most played online games worldwide.
It is easy to trace the cause of this ever-increasing engagement to the game’s enjoyability. That said, players should keep track of their time playing the game over the years. Numerous ways and methods have been provided in which a person may do so.
It is worth saying that though the amount of time spent might be staggering, it might not entirely be a waste of time playing LOL if you enjoyed your time playing the game, as the article title suggests.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is LOL still the most-played game?
The answer is yes. League of Legends is still the most popular game, with 8 million people playing it daily.
What is the average time a player spends on LOL?
Based on the numbers that Riot Games put out. The average time spent playing League of Legends is 832 hours. This is equal to about 35 days in a row. There are also accounts for new players in the data. Veterans of the game, who have played for hundreds of days, may be able to do better than this.
Who holds the record for the most time spent on League of Legends?
Pensive, who plays on the Korean server, has spent the most time playing League of Legends. The Korean account has a record of 14,403 hours, which equates to 600 days.